Think. Explore. Learn!
Who are we? A not-for-profit organization whose prime mission is to increase levels of civic science literacy. Research Scientists across Massachusetts are selected by a governing board as MAS Fellows and a MAS President, based on outstanding accomplishments and willingness to contribute to the mission of MAS.
Mission Statement in Brief: Communicate the value of science to young and mature communities; Contribute to awareness of the promise of science and science policy across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; Provide opportunity for networking and partnerships across universities and industry, thereby promoting the value of interdisciplinary research and education.
Strategy in Brief: MAS will periodically define themes to focus on and will disseminate information and awareness to the public through workshops and other educational forums led by MAS members, including in public schools, or through university and industry platforms, as well as through on line communication.
Interrelated Research and Education Themes for 2018-2020:
Research: We identify areas of research that cross disciplines, and partner with universities and industry to organize workshops and symposia that connect research and investigators across these entities towards a greater understanding of research, demographic (including of underserved communities) and therapeutic implications.
Education: We aim at increasing awareness of health-focused research on topics, such as obesity and diabetes, particularly to young audiences, and neurodegenerative disease. Education spans from communicative articles written by MAS fellows, to in-person presentations at grade and high schools, to MAS mentoring programs through a STEM Ambassadors Program.
Upcoming and Past Events of Interest
- Register for the 2019 Scientista Symposium: Science Without Borders, March 29-31, 2019, Boston, MA
- Cancer-associated thrombosis and cardiovascular disease mini-Symposium, A collaboration between JP Veteran Administration and Boston University Faculty, April 10, 2019, 12:30p – 5:00p 650 Albany St, 7th floor (seminar rooms X714&715), Boston, MA
- MassCEC’s Clean Energy Internship Program
- Upcoming MassBio events: massbio.org/events
- MassBio via MassCONNECT along with Atlas Venture, F-Prime Capital, Osage University Partners, and RA Capital invite you to submit to Science2Startup (S2S) on April 23, 2019 in Cambridge, MA (see: website)